These St Andrews Beach Aerial Photos from 1966 show just 3 houses. With vast areas of exposed sand dunes between Constantine Ave and Paradise Drive. They also show the original 9 hole St Andrews Beach Golf course. To see more detail zoom in on the photos, and compare them to a aerial shot from 2009.
St Andrews Beach was first subdivided in the 1958 as “Capri Beach” with plans for a Motel, Surf Club and Modern Shops. In the 1962 a 9 hole golf course was constructed and the subdivision was marketed as St Andrews by the Sea. Purchase of a block of land came with a debenture to the Golf Club. The club later closed and became the current Recreation club.
St Andrews Beach Aerial Photos from 1966
This aerial Photo shows the area from Rye Back beach to St Andrews Beach. This area was marketing as Rye Surf Estate.
The next Photo shows the area from Bass Meadows Blvd to Paradise Drive and Moana Court.